Convergence FIG '07

Welcome to the Journalism Blog of the first ever Convergence FIG (Freshmen Interest Group) at the University of Missouri- Columbia. All stories and posts are those of the nineteen students who are a part of the Convergence FIG. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

DOWNTOWN SHOPPING...THE ONLY WAY TO GO IN CoMo..


The first weekend that I arrived here for school my mother and I wanted to go shopping before she left, so we just decided to just go to the mall. When we arrived at the mall we were very disappinted in the selection of stores that they had. The only stores that we went in were Dillards and Target. While we were in Target there was a young lady that was a sophomore at Mizzou who I knew from high school. My mother and I asked her where are you supposed to find clothes around here?? She told us about Macys and Old Navy across the street from the mall but then said but most people just go downtown, those clothes are way better than the mall. So we went to Broadway and the first store that we went in I fell in love with. The first store was "Britches". They had a varitey of different styles but all were very fashionable. Britches is a store that you can go to if you are looking for an outfit to go out to a club or party or if u just want some jeans and a shirt for school or just the weekend. The prices are also reasonable. Just to give you a feel for the prices, I bought a dress and a pair of heels and I spent only $65 (before tax), the dress was $40 and the shoes were a very cheap $25. I have been to Briteches every weekend since that I have been in Columbia. There is also another store that I think is very trendy downtown and it is called "Envy". The prices there are a litte more expensive, but even so the clothes are still better than anything that you will find at the mall. Their clothes were a little more dressy so you would probably just go there for something like homecoming or if going out on a date.

Dont get me wrong the Columbia mall is good if you just want to grab some jeans or a shirt from stores like Hollister or American Eagle, but I like to switch my style up a lot. I dont like just wearing one namebrand or the same type of clothes everyday so downtown shopping is definitely the way to go for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home