Convergence FIG '07

Welcome to the Journalism Blog of the first ever Convergence FIG (Freshmen Interest Group) at the University of Missouri- Columbia. All stories and posts are those of the nineteen students who are a part of the Convergence FIG. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Powerful Article


Even though I have already done my blog assignment, I found this article unbelievably interesting, and on probably one of the most controversial subjects out there right now, race. I am going to assume that most of you are familiar with the Michael Vick situation as he has now been indicted in Virginia and could face up to 10 years in jail there for dog fighting charges. Tonight, ESPN held a town meeting in Atlanta to discuss the situation and get people's opinions on him. I watched the whole show, glued to the TV. The I came across this article, and I could not stop reading in. It asks questions that I had never been asked before and forces us to look a lot closer at race relations in this country. It is very long, but well worth your read. Here is the link. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=bryant_howard&id=3035358

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home